Headquartered in Barcelona (Spain), Scharlab has experienced an outstanding growth in the last few decades. This has led us to establish subsidiaries in 5 countries and enabled us to develop a presence worldwide through a distribution network that covers over 100 countries.
The company was founded in 1949 in Barcelona under the name of F.E.R.O.S.A. as a company to synthesise organic compounds. In 1954 this company was bought over by Paul Scharlau, a second generation German in Spain.
In 1980 Paul Scharlau passed away and his son Werner took over the business. The company then focused on providing high purity solvents in general and HPLC solvents in particular.
Between 1990 and 1997 the company added new product families to its portfolio. The company has since then added new business lines like culture media for microbiology, laboratory glassware and chromatography accessories. Today the company offers a complete portfolio of laboratory supplies and operates under the Scharlab company name and Scharlau product brand.
As a privately held company we can and want to focus on service. We don’t need to sacrifice long term growth for short term profitability and we hope that our customers will be happy doing business with Scharlab.